Welcome to ItalianTaskForce
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to ItalianTaskForce

Dekaron Guild - Forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fortifying Guide, using Rhombus,Pyramids & Gems

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tarajane
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Fortifying Guide, using Rhombus,Pyramids & Gems Empty
PostSubject: Fortifying Guide, using Rhombus,Pyramids & Gems   Fortifying Guide, using Rhombus,Pyramids & Gems Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 5:51 am

This Guide was Found by DaGlassCannon. i would like to say ty to you for this Find

2Moons = Dekaron bonk.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To understand how gems work,you first need to understand few basic concepts of this game,so those will be the first I explain in this guide.

1.Types of attack in 2Moons:

There are 2 types of attack-physical and magical attack.Physical attack is any damage that you do with your weapon or your body.Most classes in 2Moons do physical damage with their skills.On the other hand,magical attack is any damage that you do with magic.Afaik,mostly magicians and summoners do that type of damage.As for magician,more then 3/4 of his skills are based on magic damage.It doesnt mean though that mage cant cause physical damage.Whenever he use his energy skills or attack enemy directly with his wand/staff he will cause physical damage.Same goes for every class that might use magic damage.

2.Elements in 2Moons:

There are 5 elements:
-fire
-ice
-lightning
-poison
-curse

Beside regular dmg,all classes in 2Moons and also some mobs in 2Moons,can do element based damage,added to its normal physical/magical dmg.That can be accomplished either by wearing certain items/equipment on yourself that add extra element based damage to your attack,or by using element based skills(fire skills,ice skills etc.).
If you use items to increase your element based damage,they will add extra element damage of that type to your regular damage,and if you use element based skills whole your damage will be of that element type( dmg of same element that you get from items).

Example:

Imagine this scenario.You got a ring on you that adds 20 poison damage and a weapon that adds 80 poison damage.Using those equipment,you attack an enemy with a poison skill that does 500 damage.It means you will do 500 poison damage 20 poison damage from ring 80 poison damage from weapon. If your enemy has 0% resistance to all those elements, outcome damage will be 600 elemental damage.On the other hand,using ice skill that does same 500 damage,your poison damage wont add on it,because its not same element,so outcome damage will be just 500 ice damage from your skill.If you use a normal attack and lets say you do 200 physical damage with your normal attack poison damage will add on that physical attack and your outcome damage will be 200 physical damage 80 poison damage from wep 20 poison damage from ring.

NOTE: Real damage in game isn't so easy to calculate,because beside elemental damage,you also do magical/physical damage added based on your magic/physical attack which varies a lot.Also,mobs have defense,just as chars do which lowers damage taken.For that reason,damage you do on your enemies will never be constant.

3.Resistance in 2Moons:

ELEMENTAL RESISTANCE
Besides elemental based attack,all classes and mobs in 2Moons can also have elemental resistance.Each character in 2Moons have certain % of resistance to each of the 5 elements.That resistance can vary from 0%-75% and it will decrease dmg taken from certain element exactly for as much % of resistance as you got.Mobs can also have element resistance,so you should choose your skills/equipment wisely when fighting them.

PHYSICAL/MAGICAL RESISTANCE
Beside elemental resistance,all chars/mobs in 2Moons can also have physical resistance.It varies as well and it decrease physical dmg taken by amount of % resistance you got.
As for magical resistance,it DOESN'T EXIST.There is no resistance from magical attacks,and that it what gives mage advantage when he use pure energy based skills(non-elemental).Those are the only skills that mage got and that no class/mob can defend from.When mage use energy skills his enemies will always receive full potential dmg of that skill.Problem is that current mage energy skills are very weak and no one use them.I hope that will change when new skills come out.

NOTE: Some people say that energy skills do physical damage to enemies instead of magical.That might be true,even if I don't believe it,but I haven't tested it yet,as there are no useful energy skills I could test atm.As soon as new mage skills come out,I will let you know. wink.gif

4. Defense in 2Moons:

Lets see how defense works in 2Moons. Pretty simple. Defense reduces ANY damage that your char takes.Whenever someone hits you your defense will lower the damage that he does to you. More defense you got,less damage he will do to you.Thats why defense is so important in 2Moons.

-----------------------------------------------------------

5.Types of gems:

Now that you know about all that,we can finally talk about gems. wink.gif
There are many types of gems in 2Moons.Since you already know what is physical/magical damage,elemental damage, physical/elemental resistance and defense lets just list those gems with the description of what they do and what types there are:

COMMON GEMS
MEDIAL:-increases defense of your armor by certain amount.Amount can vary from 3~ 29. 18, 21 and 25 medials are most used armor gems in this game.
Usage type: armors/helmets/shields
Known denominations: 3/ 5/ 9/ 13/ 18/ 21/ 25/ 29/ 33

RHOMBUS:-increases physical attack of your weapon by certain amount.Amount can vary from 5~ 52. 44, 48 and 52 are most used weapon gems in this game.
Usage type: weapons only

PYRAMID:-increases magical attack of your weapon by certain amount.Amount can vary from 4~ 40. 36 and 40 pyramids are used mostly by lower lvl mages.Good because there is no resistance to counter it.

HP STONE:-increases your hp when socketed on item by certain amount.Amount can vary from 5~ 60.
Usage type: weapons/armors/helmets/shields

MP STONE:-same as hp stone but increases mana and amount varies from 5~ 66
Usage type: weapons/armors/helmets

BLOCKING BIJOU:-increases block rate of your item by 2%.Mostly used by knights,low purpose for other classes and low price.Cant be obtained from drop before lvl90 dungeon.
Usage type: shields
Known denominations: 2%

GUARD BIJOU:-Same as blocking bijou but increase your guard rate
Usage type: helmets

CRITICAL BIJOU-increases your critical attack rate by 1%.High purpose and very high price on market,cant be obtained from drop before lvl90 dungeon
Known denominations: 1%

ALL DEFENSE -increase all elemental resistance by 2%.
Usage type: Armor only
Known denominations: 2%

ELEMENTAL GEMS

There are 5 shapes of elemental gems:
-SPHERE(lightning)
-BEAD(fire)
-CUBE(ice)
-SKULL(poison)
-CRYSTAL(curse)

There is also 3 kinds of gems based on their shape that add certain damage and resistance:

ATTACK GEM(%):-adds % amount of certain elemental damage to your dmg based on your physical/magical attack.Amount can vary from 1%~ 5%.Can come in each of 5 shapes(for example attack bead,attack skull,etc.)
Known denominations: all from 1% to 5%

ATTACK GEM( x):-adds x amount of certain elemental damage to your weapon physical/magical attack.Amount can vary from 5~ 47.Can come in each of 5 shapes(for example attack bead,attack skull,etc.)

DEFENSE GEM:-add % amount of elemental resistance to your item.Amount can vary from 1%~ 9%.Can come in each of 5 shapes(for example defense sphere,defense crystal etc.)
Usage type: armors/helmets/shields
Known denominations: all from 1% to 9%

NOTE: Amount of resistance,attack,etc. that certain gems can give in this manual is based on current 2Moons experience.I believe on higher lvls higher bonus gems will be dropped from mobs,we just don't know about them yet,so I cant write about them in this manual yet.

6.Gems usage in 2Moons:

In order to put gems into your items,those items need to have sockets in them.Amount of sockets an item can have varies from 1~4.Some items can have maximum of 2 sockets and some can have maximum of 4.Some items drop from monsters with sockets in them,but if you want to make sockets in items that doesn't have them,you have to take them to alchemist(can be found in both loa and braiken) and pay money to make sockets.Remember that it is risky and expensive.If you fail in making a socket on item that already have some sockets,you may lose 1 socket from that item as well.Prices of socketing go up with lvl of item and type of item(normal,magic,noble,divine).

NOTE: Legendary items can\'t be socketed.

7.Frequently asked questions section:

In this section of the guide I will answer on any questions that you might have about gems or anything connected with gems.If you want to ask something,just reply in this topic.

Q:How do I remove gems from my equipment?
A:You can remove gems from your equipment by visiting alchemist in loa/braiken and paying certain amount of DIL to remove each gem from its socket.Just remember that you will not get your gem back and if you fail you may lose 1 socket.

Q:What is better,rhombus( x dmg) or attack gem( x% dmg)?
A:It depends on your lvl and your physical/magical attack.Rhombus will add constant damage directly to your physical damage while attack gem will add % amount of your physical damage to your attack.If your physical attack is high enough,attack gem will add more damage then rhombus.

Example 1.:
Imagine your base physical attack is 1000.If you add 4% to that it will be 40 attack.Compared to 44 rhombus,gem will add less and therefore 44 rhombus will add more bonus then 4% gem if your attack is 1000.

Example 2.:
Imagine your base physical attack is 2000.4% gem will add 80 damage,while best rhombus atm is 52 dmg,so 4% gem will add 28 more dmg then best rhombus.Therefore,4% gem will add more bonus then 52 rhombus if your attack is 2000.

NOTE:
Have in mind that elemental resistance is much more common with mobs and chars then physical resistance.Even though attack gems sometimes add much more damage then rhombus,they can be easily resisted and net less bonus then rhombus in the end,so if you use attack gems,take care of mobs resistance.Resistance for all mobs can be found on this link:

http://2moons.mmosite.com/guide/map/loa_castle_mob.shtml

Q:What is better,pyramid or attack gems?
A:It is same thing as with rhombus,only difference is that pyramid adds to magical damage instead of physical,and magical damage cant be resisted.Still,if a character has big magical damage,attack gems will give better bonus.

Q:What is better,medial or defense gems?
A:Medial,of course,but sometimes it is good to have 2 sets of armors,1 with medials,and another with defence gems.Reason for that is that mobs on certain maps(like lvl90 dungeon) have 100% elemental attack and by wearing armor of according element resistance you can lower the dmg you take from the mobs significantly.

Q:How come attack gems % is sometimes based on physical attack,and sometimes on magical?
A:I'm not 100% sure about that,but afaik,elemental gems are based on the type of skills you use.If you use magic skills or magic attack,% of bonus attack gems add will be based on magical attack,and if you use physical skills or attack,% will be based on physical attack.That is only my opinion,I don't know how to explain it otherwise,since I tested both pyramids and attack gems on high magical attack,and attack gems always add more damage.It is possible that attack gems are based only on magical attack cause I haven't tested physical yet,but according to many players that tested it thats not the case.If someone has different information,please let me know.

Q:I put a 3% gem in my wep but my atk hasn\'t changed. Does the damage show up in the atk stat?[/QUOTE]
A:No,when you use elemental gems( x% gems) it wont show up in your stats because it isnt directly added on your stats.It is calculated from your base attack and added to your damage,so you can notice it only if you attack mobs with some other wep,then switch to wep with gem and attack again.Damage varies though so you will have to do it more times to actually feel the difference.

Q:Do gem effects add on segnale buffs or stack?
A:Gem effects add on segnale buffs.If youre getting certain attack from gem and segnale gives you attack buff,your dmg will be increased for amount of buff amount of bonus that gem gives.Same is with other gems like medials and bijous.

DISCLAIMER: All credits go to Draghar. Original post can be found here.
Back to top Go down
http://italiantaskforce.niceboard.net

Fortifying Guide, using Rhombus,Pyramids & Gems
Page 1 of 1