Welcome to ItalianTaskForce
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to ItalianTaskForce

Dekaron Guild - Forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fortifying Guide, using Argates

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tarajane
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Fortifying Guide, using Argates Empty
PostSubject: Fortifying Guide, using Argates   Fortifying Guide, using Argates Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 5:23 am

After alot of testing, i decided to make a fortifying guide. This guide is mainly to show people the realistic approach of getting the upgraded items in OB.

I. Argates - the gems used to upgrading your weapons/armors from +1 to +9, increasing their damage and defense tremendously.

Argates are rare gems that can be found from Monsters, Quests, and Fishing. Killing monsters and fishing is the slowest way of obtaining these gems. I got my first argate around level 40 from a monster, and from fishing i heard its almost as rare. I cant confirm 100% you can get them from fishing, just what i heard. There are certain quests that give you argates as rewards. Some of the best quests are the commision quests you can take from Parka Shrine, and you have a chance of getting a argate, those particular quests you can take over and over.

There are 3 types of argates,

**Copper Argate - used to upgrade an item from +1 to +3 *note- if you fail using copper/silver argates, your weapon/armor goes to +0*

**Silver Argate - used to upgrade an item from +4 to +6

**Gold Argate - used to upgrade an item from +7 to +9 *WARNING- if you fail using gold argates, your weapon/armor gets destroyed*

II. Success Rates and Costs

**The success rates are not exact, they are really close test results**

Thanks to Xelse on the more exact rates,
these are the weapon success rates, and the armor rates are 5% more on each upgrade.

+1 = 90% (10,000 dil)
+2 = 80% (20,000 dil)
+3 = 70% (40,000 dil)
+4 = 55% (80,000 dil)
+5 = 40% (200,000 dil)
+6 = 25% (400,000 - 600,000 dil )
+7 = 15% (800,000 - 1,000,000 dil)
+8 = 10% (1,000,000 - 1,500,000 dil)
+9 = 5% (1,500,000 - 2,000,000 dil)

**I dont remember the exact costs, but the cost for weapon is much higher then the armor, i will update later with the exact costs**

III. Other Inforamtion

When you upgrade weapons, their damage increases by ALOT, basicly if you manage to get a weapon to +9, it double the base damage of the weapon. Example, weapon dmg 1000-1500 +0, and then weapon dmg 2000-3000 +9.

When you upgrade certain peices of armor, it adds extra stats to the armors

**Gloves - upgrading gloves give them an extra % chance to crit, the extra stats adds on only after +4 upgrade.
**Legs -upgrading legs give them an extra % of magic restistance to all (poison, lightning, fire, ice, curse), the extra stats adds on only after +4 upgrade.
**Boots - upgrading boots give them an extra % chance to guard, the extra stats adds on only after +4 upgrade.
+4 = 3%
+5 = 4%
+6 = 5%
+7 = 6%
+8 = 7%
+9 = 10%

**Upgrading Helmets, Armors and Shields, does not add any extra stats, because they can be socketed.

Hope this guide helps some people, if you have any questions just ask!

source: 2Moons Closed Beta Forum

# Norak Cave 1st Floor(02-16)
# Norak Cave 2nd Floor(02-15)
# North Ares(02-15)
# Castor Cave 1st Floor(02-14)
# Denebe(02-14)
# North Morte(02-14)
# Braiken Castle(02-14)
# Loa Castle(02-13)
# Serious thoughts on CB(02-11)
# CB FAQ(02-06)
Back to top Go down